Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Introduction

I feel like I'm still trying to find my voice here, but since this blog is intended to discuss the time leading up to and including my student teaching, I want to make sure I don't just focus on fun moments; I want to talk and write about all the things we are learning, sometimes academic content and sometimes life lessons, because both kinds matter. And I expect to learn at least as much as they do each day.




We had a wonderful morning outside with Minecraft games and sticks and things. Of course, I didn't think to take pictures until the afternoon.

What they learned
It's great to be bored for a little while, because afterward you find places of great inspiration and joy.

What I learned
It's hard to catch kids looking spontaneous, especially when you're trying to catch a moment that happened earlier. Sometimes it really is best just to be there as it happens and hope that you can remember it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment